Wednesday 1 October 2008

Feels like Autumn is on it's way


I just love this time of the year when you go out walking the dog and you see so many inspiring colour combinations in the trees and those gorgeous fields after the crops have been cut. It makes you want to play with different colour pallettes. This week I've been playing with those yummy Tattered Angel Glimmer Mists and some tissue paper which came out of a lovely surprise perfume box present from my DH. I had some plain candles and decided they needed a simple make over. The stamps are from Elusive Images Paris in the Spring collection. It seemed a pity to use them but that is part of my commitment to myself to use my stash and not save it, stroke it, smell it or leave it on a shelf for too long!! A mantra that is working....

Have fun - I did

6 comments:

Jo Austin said...

oh Annette.. I know exactly how you feel.. I love walking the dogs in this weather - the look of everything added to that choppy wind is fantastic!

The candles are ace!
Love Jo x

Anonymous said...

ooh, I like those. I've tried this and always end up overheating the candle and leaving big thumb prints in it! Maybe I'll try again...

Glenda

craftimamma said...

These are gorgeous. I'd love to know how to do that.

Lesley

Sandra said...

These look very sophisticated. I just love these stamps and the glimmer mists.

Lisa Olson said...

Ooo these are just fantastic... and yes I too know what you mean about the colurs... its that time of year which is really colourful just before everything falls off.

InkyArtitude said...

I have to second that... I love walking the dog at this time of the year, it's so inspirational with the colours and all! What fab candles, very ellegant and a great use of those Paris themeplates. All I can say is 'Oo la la'!