Monday 2 August 2010

Secrets of The Deep

We saw this life sculpture on a recent trip to The Baltic with my Brownies. I have to say I was impressed at her ability to crowd control using only her eyes. The Mermaid also started a new trend in an old game of 'statues' - amazing how those traditional games keep making a comeback. Anyway the costume and make up were amazing and the quote of the night had to be from one of my Brownies who asked a silent mermaid 'can you get eyeshadow like that at Boots?' The silence of the Mermaid said it all.



In homage to the Mermaid I made this card from an A5 themeplate from Elusive Images called 'Mermaid Queen'



She was stamped with Memento Paris Dusk and coloured in with a selection of copic colours. Glamour Dust and distress stickles added the sparkle and some rock candy crackle added a little dimension to the sea floor. She does have two other themeplate friends and I'm hoping to post something from them soon.

Happy Stamping

Annette


3 comments:

Phree said...

Sounds like you and the brownies had a great trip. Your mermaid card is gorgous.

craftimamma said...

Love the 'tribute' card Annette and the little story of your trip. I never cease to be amazed at how still these people can remain for such long periods of time. I can't imagine what it must do to their circulation but I love watching the ones in Covent Garden,

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Love the comment by your Brownie!!

I agree with Lesley at how they can stay still for long period with people asking questions and giggling in front of them!

Love the card too. the rock candy crackle really does give a 'reality' to the sea floor.

Love

Jill
x