Saturday 6 June 2009

Green Shoots......!!!!

Isn't it amazing what a few drops of rain can do to your garden - this morning I sat by the open door listening and watching the rain splashing and dripping from the leaves when right in front of my eyes a dwarf green bean plant decided to unfurl it's tightly fastened green leaf. The water dropped on to it and it sat there in a glassy pool. I thought this moment has to be scrapped so I went to find the camera - the moment of nature talking to the rain was over as the dog virtually knocked me over in an attempt to chase a harassed looking neighbour's cat. In the rush the dog dislodged the water droplet and the moment was gone ! Funny how it was only then that I noticed how high the grass had grown overnight!!!

And to think butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.....









No comments: